Do you feel like you aren’t getting what you deserve from your healthcare plan? You aren’t the only one. Healthcare can be expensive and often people feel they aren’t receiving the benefits they should for the price they pay. Qualifying for lower premiums is one of many ways to save money when it comes to your healthcare.
Qualify for lower healthcare premiums with these tips:
- Stop bad health habits, mainly smoking. With altered healthcare, insurers now cannot use gender or health conditions for reasons of higher pricing. However, they can still charge more for smokers. Quitting smoking not only improves your health but also saves you money.
- Increase your deductible. Whether you are enrolled in a family or individual health plan, the more you pay out of pocket the less you will pay in premiums.
- Choose and in-network doctor. It is important to like the doctors included in your plan. Do your research and find a plan that meets both of your doctor and budget requirements. If you enroll in a plan that doesn’t include your favorite doctors, you’ll end up facing additional out of network charges.
- High deductible health plan and a HSA. Pair a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Pre-tax contributions can be rolled into your health plan every year. As you contribute to this account, you may pay health care expenses from your HSA.
- Trade group health insurance plans. If you and your spouse have group health insurance plans available through work, check which plan covers both of your needs at the lowest cost. Often, group rates do not offer the best value and an individual family plan might be a better option.
- Reassess your healthcare plan. Make sure to regularly reassess your plan and make sure it fits your needs. This ensures that you are not missing out on possible savings. Situations change, so your healthcare plan will too. Important questions to ask when reevaluating include –– Do you have children that often see a doctor? Has your intake of prescription drugs changed? Are tax breaks important?
For more information on how to qualify for lower premiums from the experts at Prime Insurance Service, please contact us here or call us directly at 800.328.6233.